- Jimmy (only appearance)
- Martians (mentioned)
- Mr. Chips (mentioned)
- Jet Jackwash (only time mentioned)
- Jane's mother (first appearance; video monitor)
- Secretary (first appearance)
- U-Rent A Maid salesman (only appearance)
- The first season did not originally have title cards, but comics and games contemporary to it give the robot's spelling as "Rosey." Title cards for Season One episodes were created after the introduction of Orbitty in Season Two.
- Astro doesn't appear in this episode. He isn't introduced until "The Coming of Astro", five episodes later. Although he still appears in the end credits as he does in every episode.
- Jane is thirty-three years old and Judy is fifteen. If there's a real chronology. then Jane got married to George and had Judy by the time she was eighteen.
- Mr. Spacely married Stella thirty years ago before the time of this episode.
- Elroy is six and half years old.
- This episode marks the first of many times throughout the series Mr. Spacely fires George.
- Mrs. Spacely took part in a women's xenophobic protest group.
- When Jane says to Judy she can't go swimming after school because it's too cold, she has long sleeves.
- Jane's head goes through the chute when she looks down to ask George where he's going.